which you can find at...Montessori Worldwide
that I would spend the summer preparing, gathering, acquiring, making.... all the materials so I would be ready in the fall for the WHOLE year! I figured this would make the school year easier. I would not have to worry about anything but actually doing "school"! An added bonus is I would have all the materials ready for James when he came of age.
I was fortunate enough to meet a wonderful lady named Cindy Hunt from my area who had taught her children + others of the past 20 years with Montessori. She was "cleaning house" and gave me an incredible deal on lots of wonderful materials mostly for the 6-9 age!
100's board,multiplication board,division board,grammar symbols,tons of language materials, beads materials, 1000 cubes, 1000 chain + more!
This has been quit a task so far! Here is what I have done...
- Printed,hole punched and put into binders all the albums, which includes: Mathematics,Physical Science,Botany,Geology,Practical Life skills, Language,History,Astronomy,Ecology,& Sensorial
- Wrote out my letter of Intent for the superintendent of the local schools. If you are interested in seeing what I put for my letter of intent, email me or leave your email in the comments box.
- Next I took lined notebook paper and went thru ALL the albums and made list as I went thru them! Also deciding what I really do or do not NEED to have. list are for: Materials to purchase ( magnify lens, microscope, magnets, small animals/minis etc) , Prep for materials to make (fabric,wood,sandpaper,dowels,pulley, plaster of paris etc...) 3 part cards to make, Definitions for cards (ex. Plasticity), Materials to print/make (geometric cabinet, world map, continent shapes for globe, etc)
- I have spent hours and hours going thru the Montessori Makers Yahoo Group files and saving the files I need in a file on my external hard drive, like, math materials, geometric shapes, culture materials, so much more....
- I have also spent hours and hours reading blogs and gathering ideas from all the wonderful Montessori bloggers out there that share their stories and ideas
- NEXT....I have to buy INK! and start to print and make the materials! I will let you know how I do and if I meet my goal of finishing for the Fall!