Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home Made House Cleaning Solutions

I have not used chemicals in my house since I moved out on my own about 10 years ago! 
I use ....Vinigar, Lemon juice, a little dish soap (Dr. Brawners,Method,Seventh Generation etc) Baking Soda to clean my house. 
I do buy some earth friendly products like...laundry soap,toilet bowl cleaner,dish washer soap,floor cleaner, & dish soap.
My new quest is to start to make my own as these run out, so I am researchng different recipies to make.  here is what I have so far.  I will add to this post as I make and use theses recipes.

  Please feel free to commont on any that you use and help add to the list!

I just took the time to right out the recipies I like on index cards, lamanated them, punched a hole in the corner and put them on a book ring, now I can have easy access to what I need and how, much hanging on the fridge!  right now my dishwasher is running with equal parts Borax & Washing Soda with vinigar in the rinse aid...I will let you know how they come out......

OK.....I just saved myself a boat load of reasearch!  It is already done for me!  Check out this website for ALL your home made cleaning needs!!!!    Best Earth Friendly Cleaning site EVER!

Some more recipies....These are really great blogs with lots of advice and tips in the comment section too!
making-your-own-laundry-detergent
Another Laundry detergent recipie

homemade-oven-cleaner

Home Made Toothpaste (my post linked to recipe)

Home made dish washer soap

homemade-liquid-hand-soap

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Kerry and for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to "meet" you. :) Looks like you've been busy sharing some wonderful ideas and working on great Montessori activities with your children. I'm following you now and look forward to reading more of your blog.

    Warmly,
    Mari-Ann
    Counting Coconuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipes for homemade toothpaste and the cleansers, etc. Cool blog...so I am giving you the Sunshine Award over at my blog...

    http://sunriselearninglab.blogspot.com/2010/07/cool-awards-for-some-cool-bloggers.html

    Have a nice week!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, i just got lost on that link you put for earth friendly cleaning products. Thank you so much. I've been using vinegar for about a year for my floors and shower, but now I see that there is just so much more I could be doing! Yeah! ps. good job on the laundry detergent!

    ReplyDelete