We have cleaned it up and have not used ANY chemicals on the property in atleast 4 years.
What we have done so far to become a earth friendly homestead..
- huge garden
- compost all food scraps (not meat of grease)
- no chemicals inside or out!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!!!! (this works great cause we are both pack rats!)
- planted trees!!!
- make better purchasing choices for the house
- have chickens!
- attract birds, and humming birds with homes, feeders and water
- Teach Mason and James eco friendly living as a way of life!
1. To become completly self serficiant. ( probably not going to happen.....)
2. To grow all of our own food . ( working on this and we do grow ALOT of food)
3. To buy a freezer!
4. To stock the freezer with a cow and a pig!
5. To rid the house of all plastic for eating purposes ( this is almost done! James has 2 plastic sippy straw cups he got for his birthday that are PABA free!)
6. To someday get solar panels!
7.To someday get a generator
8. To someday dig a root cellar
9.To become a better canner!!! (Heather is helping me with this one!)
10. To make our own bread (again help Heather!)
11. Warren would like to raise some of our chickens for food?
12 Would love to have a woodburing furnace!
13. I want a composting toilet!
14. To have gutters on the house to collect rain water!
15. Warren would love to make Bio-deasel
16. To plant only native plants and become certified as a wildlife habitate
17. To have the vernal pood certified!