Friday, June 3, 2011

Home made liquid laundry soap

I have been using home made liquid laundry soap for about a month now.  The recipe was very simple to make.  I only made 1/2 the recipe so I could see if I like it... And I do, I will continue to make it, It also saved a ton of money and plastic bottles

1. 4cups water in pan-boil then lower heat
2.Add 1 cup shaved soap a little at a time until dissolved, I used Ivory, I used a peeler to shave it instead of a grater which was much easier, and Mason helped to shave to soap...he loved it!
3.Fill 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons warm water and 1 cup washing soda, 1/2 cup Borax and soap solution.
4. Let sit with lid on for 24 hrs
5. use 1 cup per load

Here is what it looked like after the 24 hrs. It is kind of slimy and watery.


No comments:

Post a Comment